The GCS1716 KVM is a combo switch allowing access and control of up to 256 computers from a single console (keyboard, mouse, and monitor). As many as 16 additional switches can be cascaded bringing the total number of connected computers to 256 computers that can be controlled from a single keyboard-monitor-mouse console. A custom ASIC (patent pending) provides an auto-sensing function that recognizes the position of each station on the installation, eliminating the need to manually set the position with DIP switches. Additionally, the GCS1716 features high density SPHD 15-pin instead of the usual 25-pin connectors thus allowing for a compact design and installation in a 1U system rack.
The GCS1716 includes one USB port located on the front panel for easy access and sharing of any USB peripherals. Setup is fast and easy; plugging cables into their appropriate ports is all that is needed. The switch supports both USB and PS/2 connections for the console and computers. The GCS1716 intercepts keyboard input directly, thus eliminating the need for any software configuration. Switching between computers can be easily accomplished either by manually pressing the front panel push button port LEDs, entering hotkey combinations from the keyboard, or via a menu driven multilingual on-screen display (OSD) system. A convenient auto-scan feature permits automatic scanning and monitoring of activities on all connected.
- Rack mountable in a 19″ (1U) system rack
- Front USB Port – Fully compliant with USB 1.1 for system upgrades and shared peripherals
- Supports both USB and PS/2, VGA computers
- Maximum video resolution: up to 2048 x 1536
- Security – 2 level password protection for OSD
- *Cascade up to 2 levels – control up to 256 computers from a single console
- Easy to operate – computer selection via front panel LED’s, intuitive OSD (on screen display), and hotkeys
- Broadcast Mode to send commands to all connected computers
- Auto Scan Mode to monitor connected computers
- Multi platform OS support – WindowsÂ®, Mac, Sun Solarisâ„¢ , and LinuxÂ®